This is the first of, hopefully, a lot more country tales to come.
To start off, let us bless our eyes with the wonderful creation that is New Zealand.
Located in Southwest of the Pacific Ocean, this beautiful country consists of 2 main islands, The North and South.
Okay. I’m not really going to go onto all of that since you can just search those for yourself. All of the things you need to know, the facts and figures, I mean, is all on Wikipedia.
I’m here to talk to you about New Zealand facts that I, myself find interesting.
- “New Zealand was the first self-governing country in the world in which all women had the right to vote in parliamentary elections. 19 September 1893″ ~ I heard about this 2/3 years ago and to be honest it might not be as interesting to others. However, the idea fascinated me and it was actually the reason I first became really interested in searching more about New Zealand. If you want to know more about it, just click the quote.
- “January and February are the warmest months, and July is the coldest month of the year.” ~ This is still a very interesting fact for me, though it’s kind of old news for most. I’m a winter baby, you see, and most of my life I’ve lived in the cold or rainy days for my birthday. So, it’s nice to know that somewhere in the world people are having fun out in the sun on your birth month. [Tip: Click on that quote to know more about New Zealand’s climate. It’s quite good to know about those things if you’re planning on visiting sometime soon. xD]
- “New Zealand was the first country to have its top three positions of power held simultaneously by women: Prime Minister Helen Clark, Governor General Dame Silvia Cartwright, and Chief Justice Sian Elias.” ~ I don’t need to explain this one. It speaks for itself. 😀
- “Snakes are more common than lizards around the world, and yet New Zealand is home to several species of lizard and not a single snake.” ~ I mean who wouldn’t want to visit a country without any snake populations. Wouldn’t it be amazing to go into the woods without the fear of being bitten by a snake or even just seeing one? Click on the link above and read for yourself, my hesitant angels
- “The landscapes of Middle‑earth came alive after they were featured in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy from 2001-2003.” ~ I know that the Lord of the Rings have been out for a long while and most people would have known about this by now. However, I am new at this trend, I only just watched the Lord of the Rings movie series. I also only found out about it being by NZ production when I started researching it for my blogs. Nevertheless, it’s something that is quite interesting. [You want to know more about it? Click on the quote]
That’s all for today. Thank you so much.
Stay Beautiful, Stay Happy and Stay YOU Shamelessly,
Photos are not mine. Credits to the photo owners - order they appeared in: https://www.nzfocus.com/nz http://www.jetsetholidays.co.uk/destinations/new-zealand/index.html https://nzfrenzynorth.wordpress.com/mermaid-pool-matapouri-c9/ http://packages.qantas.com/destinations/new-zealand-holidays http://www.1freewallpapers.com/south-island-new-zealand-landscape-reflection-river-forest-fog-mist-high-resolution-images http://landandsee.com/south-island-experience/explore/